Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10-26


:( Yo soy enfermo... I'm sure I'm not saying it the right way.. but I'm sick.
I woke up yesterday morning in England all stuffed up and headachy... but at least it came on my last day! All that cold weather.. no me gusta.

Friday Toni & I toured all around the city... we walked about 6 miles. We saw Bargate, which was build around 1180. It was literally the GATE into the city.

We followed the old walls around and saw St. Michaels church, which is the oldest building in the city... built in 1080. We saw the Tudor House... which, being American, I had no idea who the Tudors were... but they were a dynasty... royalty... there's even a TV show about them. If you want to know more, click here: :D I bought a pin of the Tudor rose :)

We also walked around an old church that was bombed in WW2 and no longer has walls... and we ended the trip at the marina and saw the docks and some famous Titanic places.. like the tavern Leo (Jack) played cards at for his pass on board...

Saturday we woke up bright and early and took the ferry to the Isle of Wight. Then we biked 13 miles to 2 different cities:
We started in Cowes and went to Newport (in a light rain).
In Newport we saw the Carisbrooke Castle, only after going uphill in rain and hail. We almost didn't go inside.. but I'm so glad we did because it was amazing! Probably my favorite part of the island (that we saw). Parts of it were 750 years old... lots and lots of history.
From Newport we biked to Sandown and had beautiful blue skies. And we found a beautiful beach. We had lunch/dinner at a nice restaurant and returned the bikes before wandering down to the shore.
This picture is so funny because he was attacking me but of course he stopped when the picture took.

It was so cold by the end of our trip and we were glad to leave the bikes in Sandown and take 3 different buses to get back to the ferry. Ok... maybe he wasn't glad... but I was glad we didn't have to bike 13 more miles!

Saturday night we went to a nearby pub called The Talking Heads and shared a pint of cider... we tried an ale but almost died... ciders are so gooood.
Sunday was spent relaxing.. we had a BBQ outside with Toni's roommate Petros, who's Greek and very funny. Then Toni played in his 1st water polo game... they lost. And I cooked mac & cheese for dinner, which was loved... and.... WE CARVED A PUMPKIN!

This is the best part.. because ALL October I've been nagging Toni about carving a pumpkin, which he has never done.... I didn't know how I was going to find one in Barcelona since they don't celebrate Halloween here... but we found them in Southampton!!!!!
I did most of the carving... Toni tried to do an eye... but you see... his knife slipped and now our Jack (well Toni calls him Wilson) has a scar from his eye to his mouth. New name: Scarface. Wilson Jack Scarface.

It was a great trip... but too cold! I'm glad to be back in Barcelona with the warmer sunny weather! But I'll miss my Toni Ros until I see him next month!

2 comments:

  1. Super jealous. I hope you're enjoying every minute of every day! Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would probably enjoy it the most out of everyone!!!! Come here! Please!

    ReplyDelete