Monday, March 28, 2011

Calçotada



Finally a Calçotada!

This is the time of year for the traditional Catalan bbqs.... calçotadas.
I went with Toni's family to a nice restaurant in the mountains for my 1st calçotada experience..

The 1st round is the calçots. They're like long huge onions... andI hate onions. I was really scared to try them...
First you take off the outer charred layer of black, then you dip it into the red sauce thats a mix of red peppers, nuts, garlic and some other stuff... and then you eat. Delicious. Toni probably ate 20 while I ate about 8. And it practically filled me up.
Your hands get really dirty so you have to wash them after haha
The next round was the meat...

Steaks, pork, sausage, ribs... all kinds of mysteries meats that I had to try! But it was all really good. Joan Ignasi (Toni's brother - aka BRU) is like an animal with food... he ate so much, and never touched the fork.

After the huge meal we all walked around so we didnt explode on the ride home. Toni's mom drank like half a bottle of wine... and I don't remember what we were talking about, but he told them that I don't want to be part of their family... and in her tipsy state she got upset and kept asking me why... I had to punch Toni for that one. & later on in the walk Agnes was talking about how full she was their mom said it was because she was pregnant... and that she better be careful because twins run on both sides, and she was a twin herself. I told her that my brother and sister are twins.......... now she wants me to have tonis twins so she can take care of them hahahah
But it was a nice little walk after a really good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment