Thursday, September 16, 2010

9-16

Alright... it's been a VERY busy week so far...

Monday was spent re-cooperating from the weekend.
Tuesday Leila's Aunty arrived... she's British but lives in Chicago and LOVES Barcelona. We had a nice conversation in the morning about bread, biking, and her family. When we weren't chatting I was viciously looking for apartments and jobs.
I took Paul to the pool for an hour after school and he was very excited to be coming home...
And he was sooo happy to see Aunty Doreen that he didn't want to take a bath... he wanted her to protect him from the evil clutches of his mother.... at least that's how Paul made it look.
Wednesday was spent visiting apartments. I saw 3 different ones... 1st one was on Carrer de Bruc and it was quite complicated to get there. The neighborhood was soo nice though and there was a huge market right across the street...
Inside the apartment wasn't very nice, though. The bedroom was like a closet and the kitchen was so out of date. Needless to say, I wasn't going to be moving in. Too bad... the neighborhood was soo cute... just a little out of the way.
Later on in the day I went to see a different place that was literally a 5 minute walk from this apartment. It was RIGHT down the street and I was SO excited about it's convenience...
I was seeing the apartment with 2 German girls who are here at a dance school... I learned a lot about them since Freddy was almost 40 minutes late to show us the 2 available rooms.
And when we got up there... it was quite small.. and quite sketchy. And a lot more than I was willing to pay... and THEN the roomie showed up. A long-haired, big-bellied man in his 40's who looks like he belongs in Hells Angels. All 3 of us girls were scared. So disappointment number 2.
I had 1 more place to look at & I couldn't even remember if I had seen pictures of this place. But it's on a street with a name that I love... Casanova... & it's a 20 minute bus ride from Paul's house and less than 10 minutes walking from Toni's house (in fact, it's the next street over). I prayed and prayed and prayed (Toni was praying too... he's in England looking for HIS place to stay til January and he's been having worse luck than me... people won't even consider him because he's not staying a full year. We prayed and prayed together - on facebook) that this apartment was nice because it's quite tiring searching all day long.

This is the website I used: http://www.loquo.com/en_us Thanks to Sarah (a contact I got from Leila... she's also an American who moved to Barcelona about 3 years ago)

And yes... it was great. Big room with a window, big bed, big closet... huge kitchen.. shared bathroom (well you cant get everything), nice living room... and spectacular roof with views of La Sagrada Famiglia, the blue tampon building, and Tibidabo. And did I mention the girls were fabulous? In the end.. it will be 3 girls and 3 boys... and the room was more than I wanted to pay but it's SO worth it. I'm going tonight to give my deposit. It just CLICKED. Loved the girls, loved the location, loved the room. I'm sooo happy :) I'll get pictures up soon.

& it turns out... Toni was having a visit at a place the same time as me and HE got the place TOO! GOD LOVES USSS!!!

Now... time to find a job to afford my luxurious lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment