Friday, September 3, 2010

9-2

Well well well... let me spare everyone (and myself) the details of yesterday since they were beyond boring.

Organized, watched tv... and waited for Mr. Ros to finish his project so we could get pizza... and around 22:00 he finally got on facebook and i expressed how incredibly hungry I was... and he told me to eat something. He had obviously forgotten about our pizza date (typical right?)... and since he felt so bad he picked me up and took me to a dirty hippie part of town with great food hahaha

It felt sooo nice to be on the motorbike againnn! I cried tears of joy! Well actually... when you go too fast the wind creates tears that stream down your face and you can't wipe them off since you're holding on for dear life.... but I'll pretend they were tears of joy.

We parked the motorbike and walked down a small street looking for a church... and since Toni decided to not wear his glasses he asked for directions... but we were going in the right direction and he was too proud of himself.

We went to La Piadina.. a small place with a nice atmosphere that sold all types of... hmm... I don't want to call them.. pitas...? it was like... flat bread.. with a sandwich type thing inside and warm.
OO LIKE THIS:
Toni recommended the Ibiza sandwich... Mozzarella, Ham (which in spanish is jamón so toni is constantly calling it JAM which confuses the hell outta me - NO I DONT WANT JAM WITH CHEESE!), and tomatoes... simple enough, so i got it. And a nutella one for dessert. SOO GOOD!

We also got a little 1 Euro glass of some alcoholic beverage that was described to me as "like champagne... but with red wine"... it was soo good... but a little watery... it needed more sparkle. Ahhh I found the name... LAMBRUSCO. I got a nice sparkling wine lesson from Toni... who always knows everything about everything.

O yes, the place was Italian... but it put a Spanish twist on things... like with the JAM. I also learned that there are 2 kinds of ham... Jamón York & Jamón... something with a P. But the YORK is like how we think of ham... pink and for a sandwich. The other type is the dried kind that is illegal in the US (so Toni tells me) because it isn't cooked... just cured... and the US people think it has poisons in it. So Spaniards sneak it into the country since it's so popular over here hahahah.
This is a ham place we found in Sitges... it smelled horrible in there...
So that's my food experience for 1 day. Learned a lot... I said I wouln't mind finding a flat in that area of town... small streets... interesting food places... relaxed people. Toni said it's too dirty.. even for him. O well.


No comments:

Post a Comment